Whale and dolphin watching in Mirissa is one of the most exciting water activities you can do in Sri Lanka during your holiday.
Mirissa is the best place to start your whale and dolphin watching tour in Sri Lanka. Whale watching season in Mirissa is from November till April.
Blue whale is the biggest animal in the world. If want to find out more about these fascinating ocean creatures read some fact about blue whales
WHY TO GO WHALE WATCHING IN MIRISSA WITH GEETH
We follow international whale watching rules and protect whales during whale watching:
- we don´t go too close to the whales (good distance for taking pictures, safe distance for whales)
- we don´t cross whale´s course
- we reduce the speed to minimize the noise when we approach the whales
- we stop the engine if whales and dolphins are comming close to our boat
- we don´t do swimming, snorkeling and diving with the whales
- we don´t throw out any garbage into the ocean and we ask our passengers not to do it as well
Look what kinds of whales and doplhins you can see during whale watching in Mirissa